We are heading into warmer months fast, and that means showing a lot more of our hands and feet that have been covered up all Winter.
Disclaimer: This post contains press samples and affiliate links. If you choose to make a purchase using these links, I make a small commission which allows Primp And Prime Beauty to keep bringing you content. I really appreciate if you do, but if you don’t, that’s fine too 🙂 Read here for full disclosure. All opinions are 100% my own!
My favorite way to add a pop of color is with a beautiful manicure and pedicure.
I would spend countless amounts of time and money going to a nail salon to get these services done because I wasn’t very good at doing them myself at home, BUT I became determined to save some of that money and go to the nail salon as more of a treat for myself every once in a while when I need some pampering.
Today, I’m sharing some nail care products that have been making my at home manicures super easy, and professional looking. The best part is that you can grab these right from the drugstore.
Nail Care Products For At Home Manicures
- Cuticle Care
- Nail Shaping Tools
- Nail Primer
- Base Coat
- Nail Color
- Top Coat
- Quick Dry
Here are some that I love!
- Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover: If your cuticles are always in the way like mine, or just hard to manage then you’ll love this! Just apply and let it sit for a few and take some nail care sticks to shape and get rid of any unwanted skin. Which brings me to the next must-have nail product.
- Nail Care Sticks: I use the ones from Equate which can be found at Wal-Mart. A 12 pack cost me no more than $3.00 USD! These make shaping my cuticles easy, and cleaning under the nail a breeze.
- Nail File: Necessary to smooth and shape your nails. I grabbed a pack of 3, also from Wal-Mart for under $3.00 USD.
- Sally Hansen Cuticle Oil: After using this religiously every night, my cuticles that would always peel are in almost perfect condition. It’s great for your nails as well. If you are lucky enough to find the Peppermint one, definitely GRAB it!
- Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Vitamin Strengthening Serum: Another issue I have is my nails always breaking once I grow them to the perfect length. This serum helps to make them stronger to avoid breaking so easily.
- Essie Ridge Filling Primer: I love this simply because it makes your nails look nice and smooth, and you can even wear it alone. It gives a nice neutral tint to the nails.
- Sally Hansen Mega Strength Hardener or Spray On Base Coat: These give the nails a nice even base to apply color on top of.
- Nail Color: I have a few brands that I love and constantly use. 1. Sally Hansen, 2. Defy & Inspire (Target Exclusive), 3. L.A. Colors Cosmetics, 4. Wet n’ Wild, 5. Essie
- Sally Hansen Mega Strength Ultra Shine Top Coat: Exactly like it says lol. It gives a beautiful, healthy, shiny finish to your manicure. If you are crunched on time, or have small children that constantly need you to use your hands for things then try the next products.
- Sally Hansen Dries Instantly Top Coat: I can’t tell you how many times this has saved me from smudging, or getting a dent in my freshly painted manicure. It is still super shiny, but has a drying time that is magical.
- Ulta Beauty Professional Nail Dry: I am honestly very impatient when it comes to waiting for my nails to dry so this is a LIFE SAVER! I have tried a few, but this one is my favorite. It also smells really good. I just hold a few inches away from my nails, spray, and move on to any tasks that I have to continue.
There you have it! I was so bad at doing my own nails, but with the help of these products, and practice it is so much easier and more enjoyable. I actually get compliments now 🙂
What nail care products are your favorite? Do you go to the nail salon or do them yourself at home? Let me know in the comments!
Thanks for reading!
Pin Me To Your Favorite Boards 🙂